High Court Patna recruitment 2016-17 notification 98 posts: Applications are invited from eligible Advocates for direct recruitment in respect of 98 vacancies as on 31.03.2017, which may vary according to judicial order., both on Permanent and Temporary posts in the Bihar Superior Judicial Service.
Job Location:- Patna (Bihar)
Last Date:- 16th September 2016
Name of Post:- District Judge (Entry Level)
- Total no. of Posts:-98 Posts
- Age Limit:- 35 to 50 years as on 16.09.2016
- Pay Scale:- Rs. 9300-34800/- Per Month
- Grade Pay:- Rs. 4600/- Per Month
- Qualification:- 7 years of practice on the I st date of receipt of Application as specified in the advertisement and who dies not file evidence of appearance in at least 24 cases per year in the last 3 years.
Selection Procedure:- Selection will be made on Written Test and Personal Interview.
How to apply:- Interested and eligible candidates may apply Online through website http://patnahighcourt.bih.nic.in from 22.08.2016 to 16.09.2016.
Following procedure, guidelines and principles candidates:-
- Such direct recruitment from the Bar shall be in respect of both permanent and temporary posts of the Bihar Superior Judicial Service.
- The vacancies as on 31.03.2017 shall be taken into account.
- The same procedure shall be adopted in the case of candidates practicing as Advocates outside the State of Bihar as would be applicable in respect of Advocates practicing within the State of Bihar.
- The selection process will comprise Written Test and Viva Voce test.
- The High Court shall hold screening test with a view to shortlisting the candidates. The High Court may prescribe minimum cut-off marks for qualifying for Written Test (Theory Paper). The marks obtained in the screening test will be relevant for determining eligibility to appear at the written test. The marks obtained in the Screening Test will not be relevant thereafter.
- The candidates approximately ten times the number of vacancies for appointment, will be called for written test on the basis of marks obtained in Screening Test, if held. The candidates, approximately three times the number of vacancies for appointment, will be called for Viva-Voce test on the basis of marks obtained in Written Test. (a) The full marks for screening test shall be 300 and it shall be of 100 questions and each question will carry 03 marks but each wrong answer will incur I1 negative mark. It shall be of objective type. In the screening test, the question will be in the subject of Law, English Language, General & Computer Knowledge. (b) In the Main (Written) Examination, there may be as many papers wit marks for each paper, as may be decided by the High Court, for the said examination on the subjects hereinafter provided :- (1) The Constitution of India; (2) The Code of Civil Procedure, 1918; (3) The Limitation Act, 1963; (4) The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973; (5) he Indian Evidence Act, 1872; (6) The Indian Contract Act, 1872; (7) The Sale of Goods Act, 1930; (8) The Indian Partnership Act, 1932; (9) The Specific Relief Act, 1963; (10) The Transfer of Property Act, 1882; (11) The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881; (12) The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996; (13) The Personal La s (Hindu, Muslim and Christian); (14) The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988; (15) The Fa ily Courts Act, 1984; (16) The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988; (17) The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 198′-; and (18) Indian Penal Code, 1860. (c) The ratio of marks of theory papers and viva voce will be 80% and 20%. (d) A candidate will be called for viva voce provided he secures at least 4 5% in each theory paper (e) A candidate will qualify for appointment if the candidate secures at least 45% marks in each theory paper and 50% in aggregate, in written test (theory paper) and viva-voce, taken together.
- Candidates selected for appointment shall draw pay in the time scale sanctioned for District Judge (Entry Level) with all other admissible allowances.
- Candidates selected for appointment shall be on probation for a pe iod of one year. The period of probation shall continue even after the expiry of such period until and unless such service is expressly confirmed. They will not b confirmed unless they are found suitable in every respect for substantive appointment to the Bihar Superior Judicial Service. After confirmation in the service, the period spent on probation shall be counted towards leave, pension and increment in the time scale of the service. Their services may be terminated any time during the probation period, if not found satisfactory.
- It is hereby made clear that all further or other steps in relation to such examination and recruitment, including holding Screening test, written test and interview, as is not otherwise provided herein shall be taken / determined by the Chief Justice.
- The High Court shall have the power to make any relaxation in or -exemption from the aforesaid terms and condition in the interest of Judiciary.
- Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility before applying for the post. The permission to appear in the Preliminary test/Main Examination/Interview will not waive the right of the High Court to further verify the candidates’ eligibility and other criteria for appointment, and it will be without prejudice to further scrutinise relevant papers etc. by the High Court at any stage of the selection process and thereafter.
- Candidates are required to pay Rs. 1000/- as examination fee online b following the link while filling up the form on website of the Court (www.patnahighcourt.bih.nic.in); (a) Applications without prescribed fee would not be considered. (b) Fee once paid shall not be refunded.
- The candidates will have to download the Admit Card from the website of the Court by entering their registration number and date of birth, and hard copy of the same will not be sent to them. The candidates are advised to keep visiting the website of the court for details and updates regarding examination.