IITM recruitment 2016-17 notification 04 Scientist Posts : The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is an autonomous research organization fully funded by Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi. It is a premier Institute of national and international repute, devoted to research in various aspects of atmospheric sciences with emphasis on tropical meteorology, particularly on the Climate Change and Indian Monsoon. It has state-of-the-art advanced infrastructural facilities like High-performance Computer (HPC) systems with 790 TF compute and 6 PB of Storage, state-of the-art technical IT, Networking, Security & Storage Infrastructures.
Job Location:- Pune (Maharashtra)
Last Date:- 15th October 2016
Name of Post:- Scientist C
- Total no. of Posts:- 04 Posts
- Age Limit:- 40 years as on 15th October 2016
- Pay Scale:- Rs. 15600 – 39100/- Per Month
- Grade Pay:- Rs. 6600/- Per Month
- Qualification:- A First Class Master’s degree (M.Sc./M.Sc.-Tech/M.Tech) in Atmospheric Sciences/Meteorology/Oceanography (or) in Physics/ Geophysics/ Mathematics with meteorology or fluid dynamics as one of the subjects from a recognized university/Institute with a minimum of 4 years’ research experience or A First Class Master’s degree (M.Sc./M.Sc.-Tech/M.Tech) in Physics/ Geophysics/Geology/ Chemistry/Atmosphere Sciences/Ocean Sciences/Earth Science/ Physical or Chemical Oceanography with meteorology/oceanography as one of the subjects from a recognized university/Institute with a minimum of 4 years’ research experience.
How to apply:- Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online through the website www.tropmet.res.in from 15th September 2016 to 15th October 2016.
1) Only Indian Nationals are eligible and need to apply.
2) Only online applications will be accepted. Hard copy of the applications will not be accepted.
3) Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped persons and as per rule for ex-servicemen.
4) Mere possession of required qualification will not entitle the candidates to be called for interview.
5) Candidates called for interview will be paid sleeper class to & fro train fare by the shortest route on production of original tickets.
6) Desirable qualifications and experience can be relaxed at the discretion of the Director in case of exceptionally good candidates.
7) Experience shall mean the experience in the relevant field acquired from Government/Semi govt./Autonomous/Research/Reputed Organization after obtaining the minimum educational qualification asked for in the said category.
8) No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
9) Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate from being called for interview.
10) Candidates must produce all original documents in proof of details furnished in the application at the time of interview for verification and the same will be returned after verification.
11) Selected candidate may have to join the post immediately on being found fit by Medical Authority.
12) Aspiring candidates may submit their applications with post code along with their CV online only: http://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers up to 15th October2016.
13) Director, IITM reserves the right to fill-up or not to fill up the posts advertised without assigning any reasons thereof.