Indian Navy recruitment 2016 notification assistant commandant posts: Online applications are invited from Unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan for enrolment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) -01/2017 Batch.
Name of Post:- Assistant Commandant
Eligibility:- 12th Pass, any Degree
Job Location:- India
Last Date:- 12th June 2016
Hiring Process:- Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
Age Limit:- Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1996 to 31 Jan 2000 (Both dates inclusive).
Qualification:- Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects:- Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer science.
Selection Procedure:- Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
Pay Scale:- During the initial training period, stipend of Rs 5700 pm will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible from the date of commencement of service. On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs 5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @ Rs 2000/- plus MSP @ Rs 2000/- plus DA.
Promotion:- Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @ Rs 4800/- Plus MSP @ Rs 2000/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
How to apply:- Candidates are to apply online through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 23 May 2016. Print two copies of the online application form. One copy duly signed, along with attested copies of matriculation certificate, 10+2 marksheet, domicile certificate, NCC Certificate (if held) & one self addressed envelope of size 22×10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on envelope is to be forward to your near address for Indian Navy office. (check official notification for address details)
Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference.
Selection Procedure:- The applications are to be filled online on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Print out of online application will be received only through “ORDINARY POST”. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
- The ‘Online’ applications alongwith the required certificates will be sorted out State-wise. The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular state may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received. Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2.
- Call up letters cum admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Sep/Oct 2016, would be required to be downloaded from internet site www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The call up letters cum admit card will be tentatively uploaded on website by End Aug 2016. No separate call up letter cum admit card will be issued. Candidates can be allotted any centre view administrative reasons.
- All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of written examination. If the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, the candidature will be cancelled.
- Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day and those who qualify Written test will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
- Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the recruitment medicals can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
- Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 days. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/appeal is permissible. INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES FOR ENROLMENT AS SAILORS FOR SENIOR SECONDARY RECRUITS (SSR)-01/2017 BATCH COURSE COMMENCING FEBRUARY 2017
- A merit list will be prepared from all the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon vacancies. This select list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on 22 Dec 2016. All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared provisionally medically fit in the Preliminary Recruitment Medical, would be required to report at INS Chilka. The selection of a candidate will stand cancelled and he will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy in case the candidate fail to report on the date and time mentioned in call letter for final medical examination for enrolment. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- All select listed candidates reporting at INS Chilka for final medicals and enrolment, are to produce the self attested certificates submitted at the time of submitting the application, along with the original certificates. If the details provided during application stage are not matching with the original certificates, the candidature will be cancelled.
- All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Call letter for final medical examination. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports/reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.