- 98 Professor, Assistant Professor & Associate Professor – 14th March 2017
- 91 Professor/ Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor – 12th December 2016
JNU recruitment 2017-18 notification Apply online for 98 Professor, Assistant Professor & Associate Professor at www.jnu.ac.in
Jawaharlal Nehru University released new notification on their official website www.jnu.ac.in for the recruitment of total 98 (ninety-eight) jobs out of which 34 (thirty-four) vacancies for Professor, 38 (thirty-eight) for Associate Professor, 26 (twenty-six) for Assistant Professor Vacancy. Job seekers should apply on or before 14th March 2017.
JNU jobs 2017-18 Alert
|Name of Post||Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor|
|No of Vacancies||98|
|Official web Portal||www.jnu.ac.in|
JNU recruitment 2017-18 Details
Professor: 34 Posts
- Qualification:- Candidates who wanted to participate for JNU Professor job should have An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications books and/or research/policy papers with relevant experience.
- Salary Structure:- Rs. 37400 – 67000/- Grade pay – 10000/- Per Month
Associate Professor: 38 Posts
- Qualification:- Aspirants who decided to join JNU Associate Professor posts should have Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline. A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed with relevant experience.
- Salary breakup:- Rs. 37400 – 67000/- Grade pay. 9000/- Per Month
Assistant Professor: 26 Posts
- Qualification:- Candidates who wanted to participate for JNU Assistant Professor job should have Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university with NET/ SLET/ SET Qualification with relevant experience.
- Salary Structure:- Rs. 15600 – 39100/- Grade pay – 6000/- Per Month
Age Limit:- As per JNU rules
Selection Process:- JNU will be conduct the Interview.
- General: Rs. 500/- (Rupee five hundred only)
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women: No fee
- OBC: Rs. 500/- (Rupee five hundred only)
- More fee details refer the notification.
How to apply for JNU recruitment 2017:-
- Check above mentioned criteria if your profile is matching with JNU requirement.
- Login to Official Portal of JNU department; www.jnu.ac.in
- Select the desired Post & Click on Apply online.
- Read all instructions & fill all the details.
- Fill up the required columns with correct information.
- Submit your filled application after verifying once again.
- After submitting it successfully take the print out for future reference.
Important Dates to remember:-
Form Submission End Date: 14th March 2017
Advertisement Number:- RC/03/2017
JNU recruitment 91 Various Vacancies
The JNU has openings for faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor (Backlog reserved vacancies reserved for SCs & STs) in the areas of specialization as indicated against each. The posts were advertised earlier vide Advt. No. RC/44/2012, RC/45/2013, RC/47/2014, RC48/2014, RC/49/2014, RC/50/2015 & RC/55/2015.
JNU Jobs 2017 hiring Details:
|Organization Name||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Name of Post||Professor/ Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor|
|No of Post||91 Posts|
|Last date to apply||12th December 2016|
Name of Post:- Professor
- Total no. of Posts:- 29 Posts
- Age Limit:- As per JNU rules
- Pay Scale:- Rs. 37400 – 67000/- Per Month Grade Pay Rs. 10000/- Per Month
- Qualification:- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications books and/or research/policy papers A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
Name of Post:- Assistant Professor
- Total no. of Posts:- 12 Posts
- Age Limit:- As per JNU rules
- Pay Scale:- Rs. 15600 – 39100/- Per Month Grade Pay Rs. 6000/- Per Month
- Qualification:- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
Name of Post:- Associate Professor
- Total no. of Posts:- 50 Posts
- Age Limit:- As per JNU rules
- Pay Scale:- Rs. 37400 – 67000/- Per Month Grade Pay Rs. 9000/- Per Month
- Qualification:- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline. A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed. A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
How to apply online for Jawaharlal Nehru University exam 2017:-
Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online through website www.jnu.ac.in & separate online application form (Bio-data form) is required to be filled up for each post to be accessed from JNU website on or before 12th December 2016.
Closing / Last Date to Apply online: 12th December 2016
- The eligible and interested persons are required to apply online in the format available on the University website www.jnu.ac.in/career/. Only online applications will be accepted.
- Applicants are requested to kindly upload the photograph, scanned copies of all certificates, mark sheets, evidence of teaching, research, NOC from the employer, M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D, NET certificates, copies of reprints of published articles, certificate containing the record of date of birth etc.
- Incomplete application form without scanned signatures and other documents shall be summarily rejected.
- The University reserves the right to: (i) Draw panel(s) for future appointment (s) in the event of non-joining of candidate (s) within the stipulated time. (ii) Conduct interview through Skype for candidates applying from abroad or from PH category at their request. (iii) Not to fill up any of the advertised positions.
- No correspondence regarding consideration of late applications will be entertained.
- Qualifications and other conditions applicable are subject to UGC regulations 2010 as amended from time to time.
- (a) The period spent by the candidates to acquire M.Phil and/or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as research experience.
- (b) As per the UGC Communication dated 1 March, 2016 the period of active service spent on pursuing Research Degree i.e. for acquiring Ph.D. degree simultaneously without taking any kind of leave may be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/promotion to the post of Associate Professor and above.
- Relaxation in educational qualifications, experience, age, etc. to the reserved category candidates will be permissible as per UGC/Government of India rules.
- SC/ST caste Certificate issued to the candidate by the competent authority should be in the format prescribed by Government of India for this purpose.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates, the University, at its discretion, may restrict the number of candidates to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications/experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- Advt. No., Post number and post applied for should be clearly indicated in the online application form.
- Separate online Application Form (Bio-Data Form) is required to be filled up for each post to be accessed from JNU website http://www.jnu.ac.in/.
- Those already in Government service should forward their application through proper channel and /or submit the scanned copy of the NOC while filling the application form online.
- (a) Candidates applying for various faculty positions should go through the essential qualifications and other instructions carefully before applying and also upload scanned copies of all evidences in support of their claims.
- (b) API Score for journals may be claimed on the basis of whether papers are published in refereed journals or other reputed journals as per UGC Regulations 2016 (4th Amendment).
- The eligibility of the candidates will be determined on the basis of qualifications/Experience/publications etc. acquired by them up to the last date fixed for receipt of online applications.
- The University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate (s) at any stage in the process of selection in case any inadvertent mistake is detected even after issue of appointment letter.
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has undesirable/ clandestine/antecedents and has suppressed any information, then his/her service shall be terminated.
- The advertisement shall be published in the 12 November, 2016 issue of the Employment News. The last date for filling up of online application form is 12 December, 2016.
- Candidates who had applied earlier and sent their bio-data/academic vitae to the Vice-Chancellor or any other authority of the University must apply afresh online by following the procedure.
- The University reserves the right to alter/insert any corrections/additions in the advertisement/website in the event of any typographical error etc. before the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications, for which the candidates are advised to be in the lookout for announcements in the website: www.jnu.ac.in/career/.
- The applicants are requested to submit the application online along with all the prescribed documents/evidences within the time line.
- An undertaking to be given by the candidate mentioning that ‘the publications submitted by them are free from any plagiarism and if any plagiarism is found later, their candidature/ selection shall stand rejected’.
- As per the UGC communication dated 21st September 2016, “if the M.Phil/Ph.D. degree is awarded by a Foreign University, the Indian Institution considering such a degree shall refer the issue to a Standing Committee constituted by the concerned institution for the purpose of determining the equivalence of the degree awarded by the foreign University”.