UBI recruitment 2016 notification specialist officer posts: Union Bank of India (herein after called the Bank), a leading listed Public Sector Bank with Head Office in Mumbai and having Pan India, as well as, overseas presence, invites ON-LINE applications for recruitment to the following posts in Specialized Segment.
Name of Post:- Specialist Officer
Eligibility:- Bachelor’s Degree
Job Location:- All India
Pay Scale:- Rs. 31705 – 45950/- for Grade II and Rs. 23700 – 42020/- for Grade – I
Last Date:- 10th June 2016
Posts Name:- Credit Officer (MMGS – II)
- Total no. of Posts:- 150 Posts
- Age Limit:- between 23 to 32 years.
- Qualification:- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a University/Institution/Board recognized by Govt. of India/approved by Govt. Regulatory bodies. AND A Certificate from a recognized Institution for having completed a course in Computer Awareness and Office automation, which will be waived where ‘Computers’ is as one of the subjects in College/Institute.
- Note: Candidates having professional qualification like MBA (Finance) / CA/ ICWA/ CFA/ FRM/ CAIIB from a University/Institution/Board recognized by Govt. of India/approved by Govt. Regulatory bodies will be preferred.
- Experience:- Minimum two years Post Qualification Work Experience.
Posts Name:- Chartered Accountant (MMGS – II)
- Total no. of Posts:- 20 Posts
- Age Limit:- between 21 to 30 years.
- Qualification:- Candidates should have completed/passed final examination of Chartered Accountant and the result should have been declared before the last date of this notification. AND A Certificate from a recognized Institution for having completed a course in Computer Awareness and Office automation, which will be waived where ‘Computers’ is as one of the subjects in College/Institute.
- Experience:- Two years Post Qualification Work Experience in Banking/ Financial services sector will be preferable.
Posts Name:- Security Officer (JMGS – I)
- Total no. of Posts:- 16 Posts
- Age Limit:- between 21 to 35 years.
- Qualification:- A Graduate Degree in any discipline from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt. of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies. AND A Certificate from a recognized Institution for having completed a course in Computer Awareness and Office automation, which will be waived where ‘Computers’ is as one of the subjects in College/Institute.
- Experience:- Minimum 5 years as a Junior Commissioned Officer in the Indian Army or equivalent ranks in the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. OR Minimum 5 years as a Police Officer not below the rank of Inspector. OR Minimum 5 years as an officer of identical ranks in paramilitary forces.
Selection Procedure:- The selection process may comprise of online Examination and / or Personal Interview. The Bank reserves the absolute right to decide as to whether to use all or any of these modes for selection for the notified posts.
Age Relaxation:- The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent indicated below.
- 5 Years for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe relaxation.
- 3 Years for Other Backward Classes.
- 10 years for Persons with Disability (PWD)
- 5 years for Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers, including ECO‟s / SSCO‟S, who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (Including those, whose assignment is due to be completed within the next one year from the date of notification) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.
- 5 years for Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
- 5 years Persons affected by 1984 riots.
Application Fee:- Rs. 600/- (application fee) for Gen and OBC candidates and Rs. 100/- (Intimation charges) for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
How to apply:- interested and eligible candidates should apply online application through the official website of union bank of India http://www.unionbankofindia.co.in from 25th May 2016 00:00 Hrs to 10th June 2016 24:00.
- Start Date for payment of fees / intimation charges and submitting the ON-LINE application: 25.05.2016, 00:00 Hrs
- Last Date for payment of fees / intimation charges and submitting the ON-LINE application: 10.06.2016, 24:00 Hrs
- The call letters for Online Examination can be downloaded by the eligible applicants from the Bank’s website „www.unionbankofindia.co.in‟ under “Careers” link. The list of the applicants shortlisted for Personal Interview will be published on Bank’s website.
- The details of applicants who are shortlisted and / or qualify for Personal Interview will be displayed on the Bank’s website and they will be informed through registered post/speed post on the communication address mentioned in the online application. Candidates may also be informed through email mentioned by the candidates in their online applications. The Bank will not take any responsibility for any delay or failure of delivery of important communication emails/letter to the applicants. Hence, applicants are advised to regularly track their status on the Bank’s website.
- The use of calculator, telephone and mobile phone of any kind, pagers or any other such instruments are not permitted during the Online Examination and / or Personal
- 14 Interviews. The applicants are advised not to bring such gadgets as these will not be allowed inside the venue.
- The Bank will be free to reject any application at any stage of the process. The decision of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the applicant, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of conduct of interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the applicant. In case it is detected at any stage of the recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false / incomplete information or has concealed or suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is / are detected even after appointment, his / her services shall be summarily terminated without notice.
- The Email address / communication address indicated by the applicant in his / her application shall be deemed to be correct for sending communication to them. Every communication addressed to the applicants on this address / email shall be deemed to have been served upon them.
- The applicant should produce System Generated Application Form and all the documents in original along with one set of photocopies, in support of his / her eligibility as per this notification, if invited for Personal Interview. The applicants failing to produce the Original Documents for verification will not be permitted to participate in the process and their candidature shall stand cancelled.
- The applicants claiming benefit of age relaxation under the category of Persons With Disabilities (i.e., Physically Challenged Persons) should submit a clear and legible copy of the Medical Certificate issued by Competent Authority as specified in “The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995” in support of their disability. The prescribed format is available on the Bank’s website which if needed, may be printed and made use of. The applicants who fail to produce the certificate will not be allowed to participate in the process.
- The applicants belonging to SC / ST Category should submit a copy of their Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the format prescribed by the Central Government of India, Dept. of Personnel and Training, Office Memo No.36012/6/88- Estt.(SCT), (SRD III), dated 24.04.1990 and No.36036/8/98-Estt. (Res.) dated 16.03.1999. The prescribed format of the SC / ST Caste Certificate is available on the Bank’s website, which, if needed, may be printed and made use of. The applicant who fails to produce the certificate will not be allowed to participate in the process. The Other Backward Class (OBC) Certificate to be submitted by OBC applicant should be on the Format prescribed by the Government of India vide Government of India, Dept. of Personnel and Training Office Memo. No. 36033/28/94-Estt.(Res.) dated 02.07.1997 entitled “FORM OF CERTIFICATE TO BE PRODUCED BY OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES APPLYING FOR APPOINTMENT TO POSTS UNDER THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA” and should invariably contain the ‘CREAMY / NON-CREAMY LAYER’ CLAUSE. The certificate should be valid as on date of interview if called for (issued within one year prior to the date of interview if called for). Caste Name mentioned in certificate should tally letter by letter with Central Government list / notification. The prescribed format of the OBC Certificate is available on the Bank’s website which if needed, may be printed and made use of. The OBC certificates not on the prescribed format and / or without the creamy / non creamy layer clause will not be accepted and the applicant’s candidature will be cancelled and he / she will also not be permitted to participate under the General / Unreserved category.
- The applicants serving in the Government / Public Sector Undertakings (including Banks and Financial Institutions) should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer.
- The applicants should retain sufficient copies of photographs uploaded by them in online application form. They are also advised not to alter their appearance, like by growing / shaving beard till the recruitment process is over.
- The applicants will appear for the Online Examination and / or Personal Interview, etc. at the allotted centers at their own cost and risk and the Bank will not be responsible for any injury / loss etc. of any nature. However, the eligible outstation SC / ST and Physically Challenged applicants attending the Personal Interview will be reimbursed to and fro Second Class Rail / Ordinary State Transport Bus fare by the shortest route on production of satisfactory evidence of travel along with an application in this regard.
- The applicants are advised to keep track of status of their applications from the Bank’s website. The personal and / or telephonic and / or e-mail and / or postal enquiries will not be entertained / responded to.
- The selected applicants, who are presently in employment, will be required to produce an unconditional, clear and valid discharge certificate / relieving letter/ Experience certificate from their present employer before joining the service of the Bank.
- The appointment of the short-listed / selected candidate is subject to his / her completing the prescribed pre-recruitment formalities, submission of notified documents, Execution of Service Indemnity Bond, Medical Examination and being declared medically fit by Bank’s approved Doctor / Medical Centre.
- The appointment of the short-listed / selected candidate will also be subject to receiving the Confidential Reports on conduct and work from their previous employer (s), if any. Further it will also be subject to receiving reports from respectable referees, police verification of antecedents, caste / class verification (all or any of which may be done even after the candidate provisionally joins the Bank).
- Canvassing in any form by an applicant will lead to his / her disqualification in the selection process.
- The applicant should ensure that the signatures appended by him / her at all the places, viz. in his / her application form, call letter, attendance sheet etc. are identical.
- The Bank reserves the right to alter, modify or change the eligibility criteria and / or any of the other terms and conditions spelt out in this Notification.
- The Bank also reserves the right to scrap the entire process or any / all of the notified vacancies at any stage.
- In case of any dispute on account of interpretation in version other than English, the English version shall prevail.
- Any dispute arising out of this Notification shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Court situated in Mumbai.