upsc recruitment 2016 notification civil service examination 2016: CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION: The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. The Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
Name of Post:- Civil services examination, 2016
Job Location:- All India
Last Date:- 27th may 2016
Total no. of Posts:- 1079 Posts
Age Limit:- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2016 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1995. Necessary action to make corresponding changes in respective Rules/Regulations pertaining to various services is being taken separately.
Qualification:- The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Selection Procedure:- The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages (vide Appendix I Section-I)
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination;
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
- Applications are now invited for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination only. Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available to them. The Main Examination is likely to be held in December, 2016.
Age Relaxation:- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof;
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2016 and have been released; (please check official notification for more information)
Application Fee:- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/Sate Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 26.05.2016 i.e. one day before the closing date; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 23.59 hours of 27.05.2016.
How to apply:- Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the “Online Application Form” given in Appendix-II. The online Applications can be filled up to 27th May, 2016 till 11:59 PM after which the link will be disabled. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e- Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post.
- Last date for to apply online application: 27th may 2016
- Date for Preliminary exam: 7th August 2016