WBPSC recruitment 2016-17 notification 02 post: WBPSC West Bengal Public Service Commission invites application for the post of 02 District Library Officer.
Job Location:- West Bengal
Last Date:- 29th September 2016
Name of Post:- District Library Officer
- Total no. of Posts:-02 Posts
- Age Limit:- 35 years as on 01.01.2016
- Pay Scale:- Rs. 15600-42000/- Per Month
- Grade Pay:- Rs. 5400/- Per Month
- Qualification:- Master’s Degree in Library Science of a recognized University or equivalent Or A Second Class Master’s Degree of a recognized University plus a degree/diploma in Library Science of a recognized University or equivalent. 3 (three) years’ experience in administration, management, promotion and development of Library Services/System in a responsible capacity.
- 3 years for OBC Candidates of West Bengal
- 5 years for SC/ST Candidates of West Bengal
Selection Procedure:- Selection will be made on Written Exam and Interview.
Application Fee:- Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment). SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. NO EXEMPTION OF FEE IS AVAILABLE TO SC/ST CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
How to apply:- Interested and eligible candidates may apply Online through the website www.pscwbonline.gov.in from 08.092016 to 29.09.2016.
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- SUBMISSION OF MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ONE PARTICULAR POST IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. THE CANDIDATURE OF A CANDIDATE WHO SUBMITS MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO THE SELECTION PROCEDURE, WILL BE CANCELLED EVEN IF HE/SHE IS ADMITTED TO THE SAME.
- All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test/Written Test. IN THE CASES OF SCREENING TEST/ WRITTEN TEST, CANDIDATES SUFFERING FROM BLINDNESS OR LOW VISION WILL BE ALLOWED THE HELP OF A SCRIBE, IF REQUIRED. If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria. The Commission has discretion to fix up qualifying marks in each level of examination, i.e. written test/preliminary screening test, interview and in aggregate.
- In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
- Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field. Such experience would only mean acquiring experience after obtaining the necessary qualification and not before obtaining such qualification. [Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s)/Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained from the appropriate authority. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
- Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
- The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. (category ’A’ or ‘B’) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities. (a) A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate in support of his/her from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below: For S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates: (i) In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and (ii) In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare. [vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Act, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order no. 6320-BCW/MR-84/10 dated 24.9.2010 and No. BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12.7.2013.] For Persons with Disabilities: A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and SubDivisional Hospitals. [vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999] (b) The Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility.
- CANDIDATES MUST FULFIL THE ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS BY THE CLOSING DATE.
- All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
- If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
- CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATE.
- ALL INFORMATION REGARDING RECRUITMENT TO THE POST WILL BE AVAILABLE, TIME TO TIME, IN THE COMMISSION’S WEBSITE AT http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in
- APPLICATION: Applications can be submitted through online only. Filling up of online application will be commencing from: The 8 th September, 2016; 11:30 a.m. onwards.
- Closing date for receipt online application: The 29th September, 2016.
- Last date of fees payment (For all categories of post): The 29th September, 2016.
NOTE: Offline payment of fees can be made up to the 3 rd October, 2016 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 29th September, 2016.
- Date of Examination/Interview will be notified latter in the commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in